Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager is primarily responsible for Human Resources domain expertise in areas such as training and development, performance management, employee relations, benefits, and other special projects. Core responsibilities will be training and leadership development, training facilitation, administering and delivery of assessments and HR partnering. Additionally, other responsibilities will include employee relations/investigations, compliance and benefits. Identifies resources to best support this work and meet the needs of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds a strategy for internal versus external resources for organization development. Builds internal and external resource networks.
- Facilitates education programs that grow our employees, leaders and teams. Develop new education options and materials as needed to drive business impact.
- Oversees and manage performance management, including administration of performance review program that drives high performance.
- Maintains benefits programs, policies and procedures. Monitors benefit programs, and complies with legal requirements.
- Advises and guides thorough investigations and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Conduct personality and behavioral assessments.
- Lead or direct one or more major functional HR area(s).
- Select or create materials and appropriate delivery methods for programs on a variety of topics (i.e., coaching and counseling, job skills training, or performance appraisals).
- Counsel employees on career development and/or performance improvements.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in assessing day-to-day information needs for various human resources functions.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Represent department and the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Psychology or other related field required
- 5+ years of professional Human Resources leadership experience specifically in the areas of talent management, employee relations and performance management
- Ability to make strategic independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of multiple personality assessments
- Works well independently
- Superior knowledge of HR operations and administration
- Superior knowledge of HR legal and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Workday preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential Working knowledge of Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Integrity- Demonstrating respect, honesty and professionalism
- Compassion- Caring for students, patients, and colleagues and all humanity
- Excellence- Achieving quality in all that we do
- Collaboration- Working with others to recognize diverse perspectives and achieve mutual goals
- Intellectual Curiosity- Pursuing personal and professional growth
- Innovation- Embracing new practices to improve outcomes
- Heritage- Remain true to our Midwestern values and the guiding principles of osteopathic medicine
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law. Annual Security Report KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty, and staff. Our annual campus security report lists campus crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
To Apply: Click here to apply: https://kcumb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Jobs/job/Kansas-City-Campus/HR-Manager_R-0001301