About the role:
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for the design and delivery of technical and professional training programs. Essential job functions include:
- Design and execute training programs using a variety of training methodologies, including classroom, distance, and online learning.
- Ability to create effective supporting course materials, including documentation, design documents, and eLearning materials.
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to learn about innovative learning solutions, learning delivery methods and learning content.
- Write precisely, converting complex information into simple, readable form.
- Project self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm as well as master a fluid presentation in a classroom environment.
- Responsible for coordination of consistent firm wide new hire orientation including, but not limited to, programming, curriculum, development and communications as well as evaluation of information and material.
- Communicate verbally in a professional and effective way.
- Evaluate need for training, continued training, and retraining as necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Training, Instructional Design, or Computer Sciences preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an instructional designer in a professional services environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience facilitating training programs in a classroom environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with eLearning authoring tools, particularly Articulate Storyline and Camtasia.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methodology.
- Ability to carry out the function of the position in a confidential manner.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material.
- Ability to perform effectively with moderate supervision and within established time limits and on-going deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment, including the ability to meet flexible time demands.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
Additional Skilled Areas:
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Knowledge)
- E-Learning Design and Development (Articulate Storyline, Camtasia)
- Windows 10
About Husch Blackwell:
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations.
At Husch Blackwell, we know that great employees are the key to our success. We offer the opportunity to work closely with dynamic people on challenging projects within a culture where employees are valued and recognized for their contributions, all to ensure we attract and retain the very best talent.
Our professional staff is integral to the firm’s success. Your career satisfaction and growth are an important part of our foundation. That’s why we are committed to supporting the professional growth and personal development of the talented professionals who support us. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer unique health enhancement perks and incentives, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities and the flexibility to support a healthy work/life balance.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
How to apply:
Apply directly on our Firm website. Include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.