About the Company:
We live here. We work here. We play here. We KC. As Kansas City’s largest credit union and one of the top locally-based financial institutions, we’re pretty proud of what we’ve built over the last 80 years. At CommunityAmerica, our main goal is to do whatever we can to help our members achieve financial peace of mind. In order to make that happen, we need to have the right people on our team. That’s why we believe in taking good care of our amazing employees. This means constantly looking for ways to reward our teammates and helping them lead a balanced, healthy life. So if you’re just looking for another job, you’re not in the right place. But if you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community and have the power to help people change their lives—then we’re glad you’re here.
About the Role
The Senior Training Specialist contributes to the achievement of organization outcomes by creating and facilitating high quality sales, service, compliance, credit union culture, member experience and additional training's that fulfill the needs of the credit union.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with business unit leaders to align learning strategies and activities with business needs
- Lead development projects that support learning strategies
- Facilitate various courses, as needed
- Evaluate, create, and update training materials as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of CommunityAmerica’s Learning Management System
- Assist the Director with the development and implementation of the various training programs for the organization
- Work with other credit union departments to ensure implementation of credit union sales initiatives, technology implementations, and other special projects are completed in an efficient, professional manner
- Use appropriate technologies and adult learning techniques to design, coordinate, and facilitate various courses, as needed
- Promote honest and open communication throughout the credit union
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to assess needs of business units and align training & development activities to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to project a high degree of professionalism and positive image of themselves and the credit union
- Strong knowledge of effective training and facilitation techniques for adults
- Professional presentation and communication skills in front of large and small groups
- Strong ability to design and implement training courses
- Strong ability to communicate effectively using correct grammar, both in writing and orally
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to maintain and organize workloads
- Ability to resolve problems, interpersonal conflict and miscommunications
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of credit union products, services and system.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field of study strongly preferred.
- Ability to obtain NMLS certification required.
- 5 + years of experience in a financial institution training field preferred.
How to Apply
To apply you can visit our website https://www.communityamerica.com/careers and apply to the “Senior Training Specialist” opening, or you can email the recruiter at email@example.com.