About the Company:
nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better. We have been recognized as one of Kansas City’s top employers. Just as our take on banking is far from traditional, so are the benefits of growing your career here at nbkc bank. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work, onsite fitness center, meditation/yoga studio, game and arcade rooms on every floor and a state-of the-art work space. You think that’s cool, stay awhile and you will love the benefit of a 4-week paid sabbatical after your 10-year anniversary to go live boldly.
About the Role:
As the Director of Training and Development, you will play a critical role to the organization and will help create the vision, strategy and plan for how we develop our employees towards our vision of being a great company with great people. At nbkc, you will have the opportunity to work with great people on great projects, making an impact on day ONE!
What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Own the development of the company training strategy, working with department leadership to prioritize training initiatives including professional development, culture assessments, train the trainer sessions and provide an untethered, on-demand learning experience.
- Partner with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure effective training design, development, implementation and feedback loops.
- Conduct needs analyses, assist with talent reviews, conduct employee engagement surveys, create a framework for career development, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) resource to recommend organizational development tools and practices
- Lead the design, development and implementation of leadership development programs and other talent initiatives
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Actively participate in-group and individual coaching sessions to challenge thinking and build critical skills helping leaders balance inspiration with accountability.
- Ensure scalability of delivery model through development of technology and train the trainer approach
- Ideal candidates will have leadership experience in Organizational Development, Change Management and Training.
- 10+ years progressive related experience including Organization Development, Organization Effectiveness, Human Resources, Training and Development and/or consulting in a large corporate environment.
- 5+ year’s progressive experience leading a corporate training and development team. Experience in designing, developing, and facilitating training solutions and materials including eLearning, instructor-led training (ILT) and micro learning.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility.
How to Apply:
Check out https://www.nbkc.com/careers to review the full job description and apply directly.