Performance Contracting Group is a national employee-owned specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial, and non-residential construction markets. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing employees from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, as well as supporting a culture of safety and inclusiveness that allows you to contribute to your fullest potential. We place high value on training and professional development, encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential.
PCG is seeking a Senior Organizational Learning and Development Specialist to join our team in Lenexa, Kansas at our corporate headquarters. This role will design, deliver, and manage L&D programs, as well as work closely with our leadership development initiatives. This is a hands-on role and best fits someone with a solid background in full cycle learning and development; your schedule will include a variety of meetings, deep work, and program delivery. You will have some of the highest visibility to individuals, teams, and leaders across the organization and will have the unique opportunity to enhance the learning culture at PCG.
Other essential functions include:
- Design and facilitate employee development workshops, team development workshops and leadership development workshops for virtual delivery or live, in-person delivery at our new state-of-the-art Center for Learning & Development facility.
- Create a dynamic classroom environment which encourages learning while providing an experience that drives engagement by using best practices in instructor-led classroom design methods.
- Coach and mentor employees regarding personal and career development. Potential to deliver one-on-one assessment debriefs: 360, Hogan, MBTI, etc.
- Provide insight to branch succession and leadership development conversations.
- Act as a culture champion who believes in, helps develop, and cultivates a vibrant employee experience.
- Network with other industry L&D groups to stay apprised of current trends.
- Support development tracking and reporting process to measure progress and impact of programs to ensure desired outcomes are being met; implements improvements as needed.
ABOUT YOU: MINDSET & ATTITUDE:
- You are a team player: skilled at developing relationships and getting things done across levels and geographies, enthusiastically roll up your sleeves, and willing to pitch in where necessary.
- You bring innovation, energy, and passion around learning and development.
- You know what it takes to provide exceptional and impactful learning experiences to adult learners.
- You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities, and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks.
- You keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do.
- You have a global mindset – considering the needs of the entire organization.
- You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity.
- You think like an owner and possess the 3 C’s (Character, Capacity & Commitment).
- You are viewed as a trusted partner in a team environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience delivering training and presentations to a variety of audiences.
- You have proven experience and knowledge applying training and development principles and adult learning theory; along with a working knowledge of instructional design ADDIE or SAM.
- You demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate and consult with leaders, business partners, internal customers, and colleagues.
- You have a track record of being an outstanding employee that is at the top of their game.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills.
- You have a strong listening ability to comprehend and draw connections for learning.
- You exhibit high emotional intelligence, maintaining the ability to give and receive specific, constructive feedback.
- You can plan, manage, prioritize, and schedule projects with a minimum of supervision.
- You understand how to lead and motivate and can relate to others how you do it successfully.
- You are computer savvy and have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, to include SharePoint and MS Teams.
- Occasional travel could be required not to exceed 15% of the time.
- You have a bag of training tricks and are certified in various assessments and training delivery programs, (CPTD, APTD, Hogan Assessment, MBTI. Crucial Conversations, or similar designations.)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or knowledge and experience consistent with a degree in Adult Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
- You are local to Kansas City Metro.
At Performance Contracting our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
PCG provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How To Apply:
Apply for the job online: https://careers-pcg.icims.com/jobs/2884/senior-organizational-learning-and-development-specialist/login.
HR Contact: Tayler Weppler (email@example.com).