About the role:
We are looking for a full-time Senior Training and Development Specialist for our Human Resources team at our headquarters in greater Kansas City. In this role you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of instructor led and web based training courses and curriculum to meet the needs of Garmin associates, leaders and business.
Other essential functions include:
- Identifies training and development needs and develops and implements client specific solutions where needed
- Leverages training program certifications and course and curriculum development skills to effectively meet associate and leader professional development needs
- Effectively delivers training to ensure participant are engaged and are motivated to master and apply learnings on the job
- Utilizes assessments, 360 feedback, simulations and other tools to build self awareness and emotional intelligence
- Delivers New Associate Orientation to successfully onboard new associates to Garmin
- Develops content for eLearning and consults on Human Resources and compliance training to apply effective adult learning principles
- Proactively coaches leaders on leadership practices and techniques and developes coaching skills in others
- Assesses business situations and develops goals and training and development strategies to improve business results and performance
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or another relevant discipline AND a minimum of 8 years work experience performing a substantially similar role OR a Master’s degree in HR, Business or relevant discipline AND a minimum of 6 years work experience performing a substantially similar role OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Other requirements include:
- Fully proficient with all phases of course and curriculum development
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Develops strong relationships based on professional expertise and competence
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly understand organizational culture, leadership style and business operations
- Possesses coaching skills and knowledge of HR practices, processes and programs
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the language of business administration and senior leaders
Candidates who possess a Master's Degree or CPLP, PHR or SPHR certification are highly preferred!
About the organization:
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
How to apply:
Go to Garmin's Careers page to submit your application.