About the organization:
We are looking for dedicated and caring professionals to join our team!
Olathe Health is a non-profit health system that operates:
- Olathe Medical Center, a 300-bed general acute care facility which is recognized for its wide range of specialty care, cutting-edge technology and a dedicated associates committed to providing high quality care,
- Miami County Medical Center, a 39-bed general acute care facility which is nationally recognized for Patient Satisfaction, and provides quality care in numerous sub-specialties, and
- Olathe Health Physicians, which includes freestanding primary and specialty clinics that focus on quality, patient-centered care.
About the role:
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist is a member of the Human Resources team, and is responsible to work independently and collaboratively with subject matter experts and leadership to identify educational / developmental opportunities, and key Human Resources and organizational metrics and strategic goals within Olathe Health. The Senior Learning and Development Specialist will plan, design, develop and deliver curriculum and materials designed to meet these needs with a focus that utilizes adult learning principles and training methods, and in a manner intended to meet a variety of learning needs and to optimize the learning experience.
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist collaborates with leadership to design and deliver programs intended to identify, develop and enhance the quality of leaders at all levels of the organization. Provides guidance to regarding managing development plans to align with organizational and strategic objectives.
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist continuously evaluates program efficacy, and modifies as needed to optimize training expenditures and effectiveness, and to align the curriculum to key Human Resources and organizational objectives, metrics and goals.
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist is an active participant in New Associate Orientation, enhancing the associate experience, organizational validation activities, and serves on performance improvement teams. The individual is knowledgeable of The Joint Commission standards and employment law as it pertains to the role.
The individual promotes teamwork, collaboration and trust by demonstrating sound judgment, empathy, and active listening/communication. Encourages positive and productive working relationships, and advocates for inclusion in the work environment.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree required
- Graduate Degree preferred
More than 5 years of Human Resources / associate training program planning, design, development, and delivery required
- Adult learning principles and change theories
- Verbal communication - Public speaking & lecture skills to all group sizes, also effective 1:1 skills
- Customer relations - Strong customer focus; effective relationship building skills
- Organizational - Ability to oversee training from concept design through program delivery
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft Office products
- Office equipment - Proficient in operating audio-visual equipment
License, Registration and/or Certification:
PHR, SHRM-CP, Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), or Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) preferred
Learn more about us at olathehealth.org
Apply online today!