Learning Technology Analyst to serve as the super admin for our new Terracon University (Saba Cloud LMS), leading configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and analytics. This role participates in research and development to enable continuing innovation in learning technology support of company initiatives and programs. This person will partner with the Employee Development and Wellbeing leadership team to be a liaison between Terracon and external vendors to ensure outsourced products meet our requirements, operate correctly, and provide value to our internal clients. The Learning Technology Analyst will be an internal consultant to the department team and leadership providing excellent customer service while demonstrating expertise in utilizing data, systems and process workflows.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
· Be the owner of and subject matter expert on the Learning Management System (LMS) and related technology.
· Configure LMS functionality such as complex curricula, cohorts, notifications, surveys, workflows, reports, and perform testing.
· Interpret learning requirements and translate those requirements into an efficient framework of delivery types and programs on the LMS.
· Develop, implement and analyze talent development metrics; maintain records for compliance and provide data for program improvement or gaps in performance.
· Create and manage course evaluations, certifications, and related reports.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues, problem solving via the vendor community and escalation process.
· Plan, coordinate, communicate and train any LMS upgrades or system maintenance.
· Build and maintain SharePoint Online pages utilized by the department.
· Manage daily LMS processes, supporting material uploading, testing, and deploying content ensuring visibility and access to users.
· Develop, document and train field operations on processes and policies as needed to obtain consistent use of the LMS and related technology.
· Lead quarterly reviews of the LMS and related technology to raise potential improvements and efficiencies that fully leverage the tools.
· Responsible for recommending system design and solutions.
· Develop test scripts and perform user acceptance testing.
· Stay abreast of learning technologies and tools including mobile devices, virtual classrooms, gamification, performance support, artificial intelligence and design applications.
· Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
· Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related degree and a minimum of 5 years’ systems experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
· Working knowledge of databases such as SCORM, AICC, HTML, CSS, and UX design
· Familiarity with cmi5 and xAPI technology
· Experience with learning metrics and data analytics
· Experience with Oracle HRIS a plus
· Ability to create job aids, performance support videos, and screencasts a plus
· Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
· On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
· Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
· Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
· Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
· Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
· Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
· Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
· Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
· Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
· Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.