A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve a diverse community in meaningful ways. Committed to our shared values, we provide excellent public service, seeking to improve ourselves, each other and our organization. We offer great benefits, retirement plans, wellness incentives, a first class organizational culture, and so much more! If you’re searching for something other than an ordinary job, something akin to a calling, then consider the challenge and opportunity of being a member of Johnson County Government’s Learning & Development Team.
Johnson County Government’s Department of Human Resources is seeking an experienced eLearning course developer, skilled in classroom facilitation and employee development. This position partners with department/agency leaders and HR colleagues to design, develop, and implement organizational learning and development programs and initiatives that promote and support a high performance culture. Applications for this position will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018.
The Sr. Learning & Development Specialist:
- Serves as a subject matter expert regarding organizational learning and development;
- Designs, develops and delivers leadership and employee development curriculum and all related instructional materials incorporating adult learning principles and using various delivery methodologies (classroom, online, blended, synchronous, asynchronous);
- Conducts training needs analysis and evaluates the effectiveness of current programs through focus groups, surveys, and program evaluations and implements changes and new curriculum as needed to support county strategies and initiatives;
- Functions as a departmental administrator of Oracle and Moodle learning management tools;
- Integrates assessment tools as appropriate into learning and development offerings (e.g., Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Assessment, Strengths Deployment Inventory, etc.);
- Manages program logistics including meeting space, equipment, supplies, etc. of assigned courses; and
- Lends support to other facilitators of county-sponsored training as needed.
Prior HR generalist or public sector experience beneficial.
- A Bachelor's degree is required in Organizational Learning, Organization Development, Human Resources Management, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Business, or closely related field.
- A minimum of four years of professional level experience is required in training and development, organizational development, human resources or closely related field that demonstrates a high level of proficiency in applying adult learning principles to online and classroom course creation and delivery.
- Effective interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills as well as excellent written communication skills including the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts are also required.
- A Master's degree is preferred in Organizational Learning, Organization Development, Human Resources Management, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Business, or closely related field.
- Ideal candidates also possess a proven ability to develop self-paced, interactive and engaging eLearning using Storyline or other eLearning authoring tools along with LMS administrator experience, preferably with Oracle Learning Management and/or Moodle.
Experience may be substituted for education.
Johnson County Government offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and sick leave, short-term disability, Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, 457(b) deferred compensation, 401(a) supplemental retirement, wellness programs, and flexible spending accounts.
It is the policy of the Johnson County Government not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex or gender, religion or creed, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, military status or membership or service in the military. The County prohibits and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination by employees and elected and appointed officials against any employee or applicant for employment. In addition, the County prohibits discrimination on the basis of political affiliation or belief.
How to apply:
Click to view and access this career opportunity and then click on the Sr. Learning & Development Specialist.