Our Firm American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager focused on delivering investment results and building long-term client relationships while supporting research that can improve human health and save lives. Founded in 1958, the firm’s 1,400 employees serve financial professionals, institutions, corporations and individual investors, offering a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performancecentered mindset. Our expertise spans global equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
Our culture of winning behaviors exemplifies our dedication to clients every single day. Delivering investment results enables us to distribute over 40% of our dividends—more than $1.7 billion — to the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a 500-person, non-profit basic biomedical research organization with a controlling interest in American Century Investments. Our dividend payments provide ongoing financial support for the Institute’s work of uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of lifethreatening diseases, like cancer.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., we also have offices located in New York; London; Hong Kong; Frankfurt; Sydney; Los Angeles; and Mountain View, Calif. (Silicon Valley).
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
The Learning and Development Consultant partners with leaders of American Century’s Performance Group business areas and the Human Resources Business Partners to identify and assess gaps that need to be addressed through training, development and reinforcement.
- Through a consultative and business mentor process, the Consultant seeks to understand the training and development needs of their internal client(s), recommends and crafts training/development strategies, uses available resources, and executes accordingly. Consultants also decide when best to buy, build or utilize the necessary training and development resources.
- The Consultant also develops and engages with learning strategies for corporate-wide initiatives in support of our company’s Winning Behaviors culture.
- Optimizes training programs by ensuring the curriculum remains relevant, progressive and engaging by staying current in learning and development trends that reach across all levels of employees and delivery methods.
- Experience with using consultative skills to help leaders identify training/development needs
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation/training delivery and facilitation
- Maintains business or leadership coaching credential or Gallup Strengths certification strongly recommended
- Has change management experience; Prosci ADKAR familiarity a plus
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Project management: ability to balance multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- 5-10 years as a Learning & Development Consultant
- Proven success working with senior business leaders
- Designing and executing on learning strategy, including instructional design
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Learning experience
- Leading learning and development projects
- Managing vendor relationship
- Working independently and as a collaborative teammate
- Asset management industry experience, preferred
- To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients, and visitors, American Century Investments currently requires all U.S. based new hires to have submitted proof of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the position start date unless they have obtained a reasonable accommodation.
American Century Investments is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws and regulations. As such, American Century strives to provide a reasonable accommodation to any qualified individual under the ADA to perform essential job functions. American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases. ©2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
To Apply: https://americancentury.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AmericanCenturyInvestments/job/Kansas-City-Missouri/Learning-and-Development-Consultant_R0003698